The big news this month is the recent launch of our Everest Base Camp trekking guide course for personal trainers and those working in the fitness industry. We’re getting plenty of enquiries in relation to what’s involved and how it works which isn’t surprising given this is a totally new concept for fitness professionals to consider. Learn more.
The concept in brief
Okay, it works like this. If you’re a fitness professional, you join our next Everest Base Camp trekking guide course. After attending a full day of classroom based theory, your adventure really begins. You’ll fly to Kathmandu with other participants and meet our team on arrival. After 2 nights in Kathmandu, you’ll fly into the Everest region with our leaders and guides and commence trekking to Everest Base Camp.
Along the way, we’re going to teach you everything you need to know in order to become a trekking guide in your own right. Our syllabus includes:
- Leadership principles
- How to lead people in challenging environments
- Daily trekking routines in Nepal
- Physical and mental preparation
- Clothing and equipment
- Food and hydration
- Health and hygiene
- Understanding the effects of altitude
- Altitude and safe acclimatisation protocols
- Altitude and acute mountain sickness (AMS)
- Satellite communications and GPS route tracking
- General logistics including flights and hotels
You’ll work with our highly experienced leaders, guides, kitchen staff and porters every day. They’ll teach you everything about daily trekking routines and how to lead your own small groups in company with the Trek Climb Ski Nepal (TCSN) team. You’ll also experience physical and mental challenges at altitude and undergo regular practical assessments with a written assessment at the end. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you’ll be fully qualified to work with us. And ready to earn great money doing it! We’ll provide you all the support and expertise you’ll need to get started, including how to promote and market your trips to potential clients.
5 reasons to do an Everest Base Camp Trekking Guide Course
- Learn transferable leadership and life skills
- Gain the ability to stand out in your industry and win new clients
- Enjoy regular international adventure travel (that you get paid for!)
- Great remuneration and benefits
- Learn how to systemise your business so you can travel and not lose clients
In addition, these skills will give you a financially lucrative pathway to get out of the gym and into the mountains with your clients each year. You might like the idea of adding one trip a year to your business model or possibly more.
And remember, when it comes to leading your own trips, you’ll still be working with our team every step of the way. We’ll always take care of the day to day logistics and everything to do with trip safety.